The Environmental Quality (EQ) Policy Committee reviews issues related to air, water and water quality, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), solid waste and recycling, hazardous materials, coastal issues, utilities, and wildfires.
2023 Chair - Jennifer Cavenaugh, Vice Mayor, Piedmont
2023 Vice Chair - Illece Buckley Weber, Council Member, Agoura Hills
- Thursday, June 22, from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel and Conference Center
Current Action in the Legislature
Resources for Cities
by Environmental Quality Issue
- Governor Newsom's Executive Order on Electric Vehicles
- California Strategic Growth Council: Transformative Climate Communities
- Climate Action Page (ILG)
- Cap-and-Trade Benefits to Californians (CARB)
- California Climate Investments: Cap-and-Trade Dollars at Work
- Resilient CA - Governor's Office of Planning and Research Clearinghouse database to find resources on climate adaptation and resiliency efforts in California
- California Adaptation Planning Guide for Local Governments (Cal OES)
Want to know more about organic waste recycling and SB 1383? Find more information including the background of the bill, CalRecycle Education Outreach tools, and additional resources on the SB 1383 Implementation page.
- Cal Cities' Solid Waste and Recycling Rate Survey Infographic 02/16/21
- Waste Reduction and Recycling Resources (ILG)
- CalRecycle Short-Lived Climate Pollutants (SLCP): Organic Waste Methane Emissions Reductions Landing Page
- CalRecycle Local Government Central Page
- Long-Term Water Conservation Formal Rulemaking: Making Conservation a Way of Life
- SB 205 (Hertzberg, 2019) Implementation FAQs for Cities and Counties
- California State Water Resources Control Board National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) - Wastewater Landing Page
- California State Water Resources Control Board Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinances Landing Page
- Department of Water Resources FAQ's on Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinances (MWELO)
- Water Policy Guidelines
- Water Conservation Leadership Guide: Issues for Local Officials to Consider (ILG)
- Water and Wastewater Systems Resources (ILG)
- California State Water Resources Control Board
Our advocacy efforts are strongest when joined by the voices of city leaders. Visit the action center for a list of current priority legislative bills and proposals, and sample letters of support or opposition.
Legislative Affairs, Lobbyist, Environmental Quality