The League of California Cities advocacy efforts are strongest when joined by the voices of city leaders. Gov. Gavin Newsom signed off on the last bills of the 2020-21 legislative session by the Oct. 10 deadline with some big wins for cities. Cal Cities appreciates all the hard work and advocacy efforts by city officials during this legislative session. Visit Cal Cities’ online bill search to view the outcome of specific measures. Read Cal Cities' news articles about bills signed and vetoed.
- October 13: October treats for cities as Governor takes final action on 2021 bills
- October 13: California moves one step closer to closing the digital divide, a top priority for Cal Cities in 2021
- September 29: Cities score critical wins on environmental issues, Brown Act relief, and short-term rentals as bill signing deadline looms
- September 15: Dozens of bills impacting cities advance to the Governor’s desk as the legislative session ends
- September 8: Cal Cities makes significant progress on city priorities; city voices are critical in final two days of legislative session
- August 26: Here are the priority bills that made it out of suspense file — and the ones that didn’t
How to Submit a Position Letter
- Visit the California Legislature Position Letter Portal to create an account and upload this letter. If you are having difficulty accessing the portal, please contact Meg Desmond.
- In addition to submitting the letter through the portal, please send a physical copy to your Legislator(s), and email a copy to Cal Cities, as well as your Regional Public Affairs Manager.