Each year the City Clerks Department elects officers to oversee the work of the department, represent the department on the Cal Cities Board of Directors and other Cal Cities committees. The city clerks' officers meet to discuss issues of concern to the department and to plan upcoming conferences.
Subscribe to the City Clerks Listserv to receive the latest updates and information.
First Vice President - Ashton Arocho, City Clerk, Westminster
Second Vice President - Leilani Brown, City Clerk, Newport Beach
Department Director* - Randi Johl, City Clerk/Legislative Director, Temecula
Past President - Marc Donohue, City Clerk/Communications Director, Eastvale
*Department Director serves for a two-year term.
Appointed by the department president, each department has at least one representative on each of Cal Cities' standing seven policy committees that can provide technical information to the committee as a whole to ensure that the department has a voice in the decision-making process, and make recommendations to the board of directors on legislative and policy issues.
- Community Services – Cassandra Candini-Tilton, Director of Legislative Services/City Clerk, Manteca
- Environmental Quality – Rosa Govea Acosta, City Clerk, South San Francisco
- Governance, Transparency, and Labor Relations – Mitzi Ortiz, Director of Government Services, Aliso Viejo
- Housing, Community, and Economic Development – Adria Jimenez, Director of Government and Community Relations/City Clerk, Buena Park
- Public Safety – Michael MacDonald, City Clerk, San Buenaventura
- Revenue and Taxation – Marc A. Donohue, City Clerk/Communications Director, Eastvale
- Transportation, Communications, and Public Works – Vida Barone, City Clerk/Treasurer, Cerritos
For more information about the appointment process, please contact Meg Desmond.
Cal Cities Resources
- City Clerks Association of California (CCAC)
- California Assn of Clerks & Elections Officials (CACEO)
- International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC)
State of California
Records & Information Management
- Association for Informational Management Professionals (ARMA)
- Association for Information and Image Management International (AIIM)
- National Association of Government Archivists and Records Administrators (NAGARA)
Institute for Local Government
- General Information about Local Government for Candidates/Newly Electeds
- Public Meetings/Public Engagement
- Public Service Ethics
- Ethics Information for Candidates
- California Association of Public Information Officers (CAPIO)
- National Association of Parliamentarians
- National Notary Association
- Roberts Rules of Order