Mission, Vision, Core Beliefs
To expand and protect local control for cities through education and advocacy to enhance the quality of life for all Californians.
To be recognized and respected as the leading advocate for the common interests of California's cities.
- Local self-governance is the cornerstone of democracy.
- Our strength lies in the unity of our diverse communities of interest.
- In the involvement of all stakeholders in establishing goals and in solving problems.
- In conducting the business of government with transparency, openness, respect, and civility.
- The spirit of honest public service is what builds communities.
- Open decision-making that is of the highest ethical standards honors the public trust.
- Cities are vital to the strength of the California economy.
- The vitality of cities is dependent upon their fiscal stability and local autonomy.
- The active participation of all city officials increases Cal Cities' effectiveness.
- Partnerships and collaborations are essential elements of focused advocacy and lobbying.
- Ethical and well-informed city officials are essential for responsive, visionary leadership and effective and efficient city operations.