Los Angeles County Division
The Los Angeles County Division is made up of 86 cities within Los Angeles County and provides members with the opportunity to exchange ideas and information and share the advantages of cooperative advocacy. It includes more than 11 million people, stretches 4,500 square miles — making it one of the nation's largest counties — and is led by more than 550 elected officials.
The division is guided by an executive committee under the leadership of a division president. Elected city officials and professional city staff attend division meetings throughout the year to share what they are doing and advocate for their interests in Sacramento. Division members also participate in the development of Cal Cities policy through representation on:
- The Cal Cities Board of Directors;
- Policy committees;
- Commission on Alcohol & Other Drugs
- Commission on Local Governmental Services
- Countywide Criminal Justice Coordination Committee
- Emergency Medical Services Commission
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Authority Technical Advisory Committee
- Solid Waste Management Committee/Integrated Waste Management Task Force
- Support programs, measures, and funding that assist cities, residents, and businesses in pandemic relief. Oppose legislation that negatively impacts small businesses and support legislation that provides incentives such as tax credits and other economic benefits.
- Advocate for programs, services, and funding for housing (including retrofits) for homeless individuals and families, including treatment for mental illness and substance abuse.
- Prioritize financial resources and incentives to increase the supply of affordable housing and preserve local land use control.
- Support policies and funding for disaster preparedness, community resiliency, and efforts that enhance public safety.
Division Meetings / Events
Following the American Rescue Plan with the American Jobs Plan - Brittney Kohler, National League of Cities
Featuring Carolyn Coleman, Executive Director, Cal Cities and Dr. Shirley Weber, California Secretary of State
Featuring Mike Madrid, Lincoln Project Co-Founder & Grassroots Lab Partner
Featuring Paul Mitchell, Redistricting Partners Owner & Political Data, Inc. Vice President
Want to stay in the loop on news, events, legislative issues, and more happening in your division? Sign up to receive the latest news and events from Los Angeles County Division!
RoundtableOctober 21, 2021 11:00 AM
RoundtableOctober 26, 2021 2:00 PM
RoundtableOctober 27, 2021 1:30 PM
WebinarNovember 5, 2021 10:30 AM — 12:00 PM
SeminarDecember 8 — 9, 2021
SeminarDecember 8 — 10, 2021
AcademyJanuary 20-21 and January 27-28, 2022
ConferenceFebruary 2 — 4, 2022
AcademyMarch 16 — 18, 2022
InstituteMarch 23 — 25, 2022
ConferenceMay 4 — 6, 2022
ConferenceSeptember 7 — 9, 2022