The Community Services Policy Committee reviews issues related to childcare, parks and recreation, libraries, natural disaster preparation, cultural arts, and community and human services programs.
2023 Vice Chair - Holly Tillman, Council Member, Clayton
The Community Services Policy Committee will meet in 2023 on the following dates and times:
- Friday, June 23, 10 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel and Conference Center
Current Action in the Legislature
Resources for Cities
by Community Service Issue
- Governments Engaging Youth Toolkit (ILG)
- Engaging Youth: Resources for Local Officials to Develop and Maintain Youth Commissions (ILG)
- Youth Commissions and Councils Promote Leadership and Participation (ILG)
- Revitalizing Neighborhoods (ILG)
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- H.U.D. Homelessness Assistance webpage
- Mayors Challenge to End Homeless Veteran Homelessness
Our advocacy efforts are strongest when joined by the voices of city leaders. Visit the action center for a list of current priority legislative bills and proposals, and sample letters of support or opposition.
Legislative Affairs, Lobbyist, Community Services