The Community Services Policy Committee reviews issues related to childcare, parks and recreation, libraries, natural disaster preparation, cultural arts, and community and human services programs.
2023 Vice Chair - Holly Tillman, Council Member, Clayton
The committee's membership is comprised of representatives from each of the Cal Cities professional departments, regional divisions, and caucuses, and appointments by the Cal Cities president.
2023 Policy Committee membership roster.
The Community Services Policy Committee will meet in 2023 on the following dates and times:
- Friday, January 27, 10 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Agenda | Highlights
- Friday, March 17, 10 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Agenda | Highlights
- Friday, June 23, 10 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel and Conference Center
Current Action in the Legislature
Resources for Cities
by Community Service Issue
- Governments Engaging Youth Toolkit (ILG)
- Engaging Youth: Resources for Local Officials to Develop and Maintain Youth Commissions (ILG)
- Youth Commissions and Councils Promote Leadership and Participation (ILG)
- Revitalizing Neighborhoods (ILG)
Expanding Early Education Programs (National League of Cities)
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- H.U.D. Homelessness Assistance webpage
- Mayors Challenge to End Homeless Veteran Homelessness
California Grants Portal
The California Grants Portal (a project by the California State Library) is your one destination to find all grants and loans offered on a competitive or first-come basis by California state agencies.
Our advocacy efforts are strongest when joined by the voices of city leaders. Visit the action center for a list of current priority legislative bills and proposals, and sample letters of support or opposition.
Legislative Affairs, Lobbyist, Community Services
Curious why Cal Cities supports or opposes certain bills or measures? Advocacy efforts are determined by Annual Conference Resolutions or the Existing Policy and Guiding Principles.