Rural City Information Exchange
Rural communities often face different challenges than their urban counterparts. Even when the issues are similar — broadband deployment, housing, and homelessness, jobs and job growth, healthcare and education — the solutions can differ dramatically. Created in response to a growing need, the Rural City Information Exchange encourages the exchange of information and solutions between rural cities. The Exchange was publicly launched at the 2019 Annual Conference and Expo.
- Provide easily accessible platforms for peer-to-peer information sharing.
- Provide a process for rural city officials to submit topics of interest for webinars.
- Develop and deliver targeted and relevant educational programs.
- Join the Rural City Information Exchange listserv by contacting your Regional Public Affairs Manager, or emailing Public Affairs Administrative Assistant Melissa Tualla.
- Submit your ideas online for webinar topics specific to rural cities.
- Visit this webpage regularly for updates about upcoming meetings, conference calls, and webinars.
Legislative Update on Cal Cities Priority Legislation
Cal Cities' lobbyists provided detailed information on key bills pending in the Legislature, including measures related to local land-use authority and housing, homelessness, environmental quality, public safety, transportation, governance, and the state budget.
Special Briefing on California's Water and Drought Conditions
A special briefing with California Natural Resources Agency Secretary Wade Crowfoot on the state’s current water and drought conditions and what cities need to do to curb water use. City officials also learned what to expect regarding future executive orders on water conservation.
The Building Blocks to Financing Infrastructure Projects in Rural Communities
- 2023 Rural City Information Exchange Work Plan
- California Rural Infrastructure Finance Handbook - CALED
- Strategies for Building Capacity in Economic Development Finance - CALED
- USDA Joint Resource Guide: Expanding Childcare Facilities in Rural Communities
- Pandemic Recovery and Beyond Resilient Watersheds and Fire Management
- USDA Implements Immediate Measures to Help Rural Residents, Businesses and Communities Affected by COVID-19