The Public Safety Policy Committee reviews issues related to law enforcement, fire and life safety policies, including emergency communications, and emergency services, including ambulance and disaster preparedness.
Current Action in the Legislature
Resources for Cities
by Public Safety Issue
- Cal Cities Cannabis resource page
- Western City –What Cities Should Know About Proposition 64, the Adult Use of Marijuana Act
- Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC)
- BCC Statewide Public Information Program “Get #weedwise”
- California Cannabis Portal for Commercial Cannabis
- California Department of Public Health “Let’s Talk Cannabis”
- California Department of Public Health, Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch
- Governor's Office of Planning and Research CEQA Clearinghouse
- CEQA Exemptions for Disaster Recovery Efforts
- Tips on Land Use Decisions - CEQA Overview (ILG)
- Evaluating Greenhouse Gas Emissions as Part of CEQA Process: A Local Official’s Guide (ILG)
- Western City – Preparing for the Drone Age in your City: Potential Benefits and Issues
- Unmanned Aircraft System (Drones) in California State Parks
- No Drone Zone California State Parks
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Integration Pilot Program
- FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- FAA Drone Public Safety Resources
The committee's membership is comprised of representatives from each of the Cal Cities professional departments and regional divisions.
- Thursday, January 14, from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 15, from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 3, from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
RoundtableSeptember 28, 2021 9:00 AM
RoundtableSeptember 29, 2021 1:30 PM
WebinarNovember 5, 2021 10:30 AM — 12:00 PM
SeminarDecember 8 — 9, 2021
SeminarDecember 8 — 10, 2021
AcademyJanuary 20-21 and January 27-28, 2022
ConferenceFebruary 2 — 4, 2022
AcademyMarch 16 — 18, 2022
InstituteMarch 23 — 25, 2022
ConferenceMay 4 — 6, 2022
Our advocacy efforts are strongest when joined by the voices of city leaders. Visit the action center for a list of current priority legislative bills and proposals, and sample letters of support or opposition.
Legislative Representative: Public Safety