Cities for Workforce Health
A healthy, productive workforce is vital to a city’s success. When cities improve employee health and safety, they see impressive results: Fewer sick days. Lower employee turnover. A better safety record. Other improvements can be less obvious but even more important: Better focus. Higher performance. A positive work attitude. Together, these changes create a powerful business advantage. Cities for Workforce Health helps cities, and their employees build a culture of health and make enhanced health and productivity a reality at the workplace.
Cities for Workforce Health supports California cities in improving the health of their employees, and is made possible through the partnership of the League of California Cities, Kaiser Permanente, and Keenan & Associates.
- Overview of CWH | PowerPoint Slides
- Participation & Incentives | PowerPoint Slides
- Safety / Occupational Health | PowerPoint Slides
- Policy and Environment
- Labor/Union Engagement
- Program Overview - Cities for Workforce Health Initiative: Helping Your City Implement Workplace Wellness Programs
- Webinar Series - Part 1: Securing Leadership Support for Workforce Health
- Webinar Series - Part 2: Doing Your Homework: Using Data & Information to Build a Culture of Health
- Webinar Series - Part 3: Planning and Program Design: Essential Building Blocks to Successful Workforce Health Programs
- Webinar Series - Part 4: Building a Successful Engagement Strategy: Using incentives and communication to drive participation
- Creating a Psychologically Healthy Workplace | PowerPoint Slides
- View Video of Webinar # 1 - Securing Leadership Support for Workforce Health
- View Video of Webinar # 2 - Using Data & Information to Build a Culture of Health
- View Video of Webinar # 3 - Planning and Program Design: Essential Building Blocks to Successful Workforce Health Programs
(Streaming webinars are password protected. If you have misplaced your password, please contact Mike Egan).
- How do I register for the webinar series? Email Mike Egan to RSVP for the webinars. Actual webinar links and login information will be sent to the registrant on the day of the webinar.
- I did not receive the webinar login information. When will I receive it? Webinar information will be sent to all eligible registrants on the day of the webinar.
- KP’s Workforce Health Resource Center: Find a rich set of resources to implement a workforce health program for your city.
- Keenan Well: Designed to provide employers with information and tools to help support their wellness program initiatives.
- HEAL Cities Campaign: Provides training and technical assistance to help city officials adopt policies that improve their communities’ physical activity and retail food environments.
- 2022 Grant Application Process
- 2022 Grant Application FAQs