Media Advisory: League of California Cities to Host Annual Conference & Expo in Long Beach, Oct. 16-18
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jill Oviatt, (916) 658-8228; Cell: (916) 882-8656
What: The League of California Cities 2019 Annual Conference & Expo will be held in Long Beach, Wednesday, Oct. 16 through Friday, Oct. 18. More than 1,900 mayors, council members, city officials and staff are pre-registered and will be on-hand to attend educational sessions and discuss solutions to the common challenges that face California cities.
Where: Long Beach Convention Center, 300 East Ocean Boulevard
When: Oct. 16-18, 2019
Topics of Interest
- Affordable Housing and Land Use
- Disaster Preparedness
- Leveraging Technology
- 2020 Census
- Economic Development
- Pensions and Unfunded Liabilities
- Sustainability and Climate Resiliency
- Public Banking
Featured Speakers and Sessions
- John Martin, CEO and Managing Partner of SIR, a strategic management consulting firm, Wednesday, Oct. 16, Opening General Session, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Stephen Goldsmith, Featured presentation on innovations in cities, Thursday, Second General Session, Oct. 17, 9:45-11:45 a.m.
- Quick Bites: Entrepreneurs and Cities, California is often looked to as a pioneer of innovation, and in this session attendees will be introduced to an array of technology and social entrepreneurs who are building revolutionary tools of value to cities and community members. Each 3-5 minute presentation will be followed by Q&A from a panel of city leaders. Thursday, Second General Session, Oct. 17, 9:45-11:45 a.m.
Honors and Recognitions
- Helen Putnam Award for Excellence, will be given to 12 cities in recognition of their innovations in 12 categories of city services, Wednesday, Oct. 16, Opening General Session, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Lifetime Achievement Award, will be given Wednesday, Oct. 16, Opening General Session, 1:3-3:30 p.m.
- Distinguished Legislative Leadership Award, Thursday, Oct. 17, Second General Session, 9:45-11:45 a.m.
- Beacon Award, will be given to 11 cities in recognition of their efforts to address climate change, Thursday, Oct. 17, Second General Session, 9:45-11:45 a.m.
Members of the press can attend the League’s annual conference at no cost, but they must come to the registration desk to receive a press pass.
For additional information, please visit www.cacities.org/ac.
Established in 1898, the League of California Cities is a nonprofit statewide association that advocates for cities with the state and federal governments and provides education and training services to elected and appointed city officials.