The Community Services Policy Committee reviews issues related to childcare, parks and recreation, libraries, natural disaster preparation, cultural arts, and community and human services programs.
Current Action in the Legislature
Resources for Cities
by Community Service Issue
- Governments Engaging Youth Toolkit (ILG)
- Engaging Youth: Resources for Local Officials to Develop and Maintain Youth Commissions (ILG)
- Youth Commissions and Councils Promote Leadership and Participation (ILG)
- Revitalizing Neighborhoods (ILG)
The committee's membership is comprised of representatives from each of the Cal Cities professional departments and regional divisions.
The 2021 Community Services Policy Committee will meet virtually this year on the following dates and times:
- Friday, January 15, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 16, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 4, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Our advocacy efforts are strongest when joined by the voices of city leaders. Visit the action center for a list of current priority legislative bills and proposals, and sample letters of support or opposition.