How Cal Cities is supporting attendees' health and safety during the Annual Conference and Expo
Cal Cities and its partners have implemented measures, including enhanced, preventative HVAC maintenance, vaccination proof or negative test requirements, and more.
- HVAC systems are carefully managed to provide the appropriate amount of indoor air circulation and proper outside makeup air per industry standards and meet OSHA requirements.
- The Convention Center’s up-to-date Johnson Controls FX building automation system monitors HVAC equipment throughout the facility and immediately alerts HVAC technicians when issues are detected.
- Trained in-house engineers will conduct ongoing preventative HVAC maintenance, including filter replacements, belts, motor, and other mechanical items.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout public spaces, such as the front of every meeting room, in lobbies, and in escalator landings. Touch-free dispensers will be used wherever possible.
- Refillable water fountains will be accessible within the SAFE Credit Union Convention Center.
- Conference-wide meals will be prepackaged.
- Each Expo exhibitor will have a corner booth that accommodates tall curtains and wider aisles.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available at head tables for use by speakers.
Expectations for participants
- Masks are required in all indoor public facilities in Sacramento County, including the SAFE Credit Union Convention Center and conference hotels.
- All participants are required to provide a record of their full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result completed within 72 hours prior to entry. Information regarding the process for participants to meet this requirement will be available soon. Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, participants must be two weeks past the date of their final vaccination (second dose for Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna or single dose for Johnson & Johnson) to be fully vaccinated.
- Rapid tests will be available onsite for a nominal fee.
- Participants should bring proof of vaccination or a negative test record with them, as some restaurants/public spaces require them.
- All participants are encouraged to use social distancing and forgo forms of close physical contact. Be particularly mindful in areas where it may be harder to keep this distance, such as check-in areas, and routes of entry and exit.
- Proper handwashing, sneezing into your arm or a tissue, and other hygiene measures are encouraged.
- Participants should evaluate their own health and that of people they are in close contact with. Persons who have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, are showing COVID-19 symptoms, or who have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for, or who has symptoms of COVID-19, must not attend the conference.
Enhanced Hygiene and Sanitization Procedures at Conference Hotels
Cal Cities has met with hotel leadership to review their property, personnel, and guest protocols. We will continue to work with our hotel partners to institute additional measures as needed. Each hotel has its individual protocols in place, which can be found in detail below:
- Hyatt Regency Sacramento
- Sheraton Grand Sacramento
- The Citizen Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown
- Best Western Plus Sutter House
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Sacramento
- Hilton Sacramento Arden West
Cal Cities and our conference partners are committed to monitoring the latest health and safety standards. We will update this information and provide supplemental resources as needed. Participants should monitor their email for information as the conference dates approach. We thank you for your support and cooperation.