Rural City Information Exchange
Rural communities often face different challenges than their urban counterparts. Even when the issues are similar — broadband deployment, housing, and homelessness, jobs and job growth, healthcare and education — the solutions can differ dramatically. Created in response to a growing need, the Rural City Information Exchange encourages the exchange of information and solutions between rural cities. The Exchange was publicly launched at the 2019 Annual Conference and Expo and was extended for another year at the December 2020 Cal Cities Board meeting.
- Provide easily accessible platforms for peer-to-peer information sharing.
- Provide a process for rural city officials to submit topics of interest for webinars.
- Develop and deliver targeted and relevant educational programs.
- January 2021 - April 2021
- Join the Rural City Information Exchange listserv by contacting your Regional Public Affairs Manager, or emailing Public Affairs Administrative Assistant Melissa Tualla.
- Submit your ideas online for webinar topics specific to rural cities.
- Visit this webpage regularly for updates about upcoming meetings, conference calls, and webinars.