Each year the City Clerks Department elects officers to oversee the work of the department, represent the department on the Cal Cities Board of Directors and other Cal Cities committees. The city clerks' officers meet to discuss issues of concern to the department and to plan upcoming conferences.
Subscribe to the City Clerks Listserv to receive the latest updates and information.
First Vice President - Marc Donohue, City Clerk/Communications Director, Eastvale
Second Vice President - Joelle Fockler, City Clerk, Concord
Department Director* - Randi Johl, City Clerk/Legislative Director, Temecula
Recording Secretary - Laura M. Nieto, Chief Deputy City Clerk, Irwindale
Past President - Anthony Mejia, City Clerk, Palm Springs
*Department Director serves for a two-year term.
Appointed by the department president, each department has at least one representative on each of Cal Cities' standing seven policy committees that can provide technical information to the committee as a whole to ensure that the department has a voice in the decision-making process, and make recommendations to the board of directors on legislative and policy issues.
- Community Services - Leticia Miguell, City Clerk, San Leandro
- Environmental Quality – Teresa Vargas, City Clerk, Lathrop
- Governance, Transparency, and Labor Relations - Randi Johl, City Clerk/Legislative Director, Temecula
- Housing, Community, and Economic Development – Adria Jimenez, City Clerk, Buena Park
- Public Safety – Kendall Rose, City Clerk, Petaluma
- Revenue and Taxation – Lillian Harris-Neal, City Clerk, Brea
- Transportation, Communication, and Public Works – Debra Black, City Clerk, San Dimas
For more information about the appointment process, please contact Meg Desmond.
Cal Cities Resources
- Rosenberg's Rules of Order: Simple Parliamentary Procedures for the 21st Century
- City Clerks Department Bylaws
- City Clerks Association of California (CCAC)
- California Assn of Clerks & Elections Officials (CACEO)
- International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC)
State of California
- State of California
- California Secretary of State
- California State Archives
- Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
Records & Information Management
- Association for Informational Management Professionals (ARMA)
- Association for Information and Image Management International (AIIM)
- National Association of Government Archivists and Records Administrators (NAGARA)
- Institute for Local Government
- General Information about Local Government for Candidates/Newly Electeds
- Public Meetings/Public Engagement
- Public Service Ethics
- Ethics Information for Candidates
- California Association of Public Information Officers (CAPIO)
- National Association of Parliamentarians
- National Notary Association
- Roberts Rules of Order