Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible for the overall supervision, control, and direction of Cal Cities and consists of a president, first vice president, second vice president, immediate past president, executive director, a representative from each of the Cal Cities 16 divisions, and a representative from each of Cal Cities’ nine municipal departments.
Also seated on the Board of Directors are the mayors or designees of the 10 largest cities by population and 12 selected at-large members. At least one of the at-large members must be from a city with a population under 10,000. The Board of Directors also includes California city officials serving on the National League of Cities Board of Directors. Only city officials from member cities are eligible to serve.
Cheryl Viegas Walker
First Vice President
Second Vice President
Ali Sajjad Taj
Immediate Past President
Executive Director and CEO
League of California Cities
The Cal Cities Board of Directors consists of the following:
- President, first vice president, second vice president, and immediate past president
- One director elected by each of the sixteen regional divisions;
- One director elected by each of the nine functional departments;
- Twelve directors at-large;
- One director designated by each of the ten largest cities in California; and
- Any California city officials serving on the National League of Cities Board of Directors.
League of California Cities 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- Cheryl Viegas Walker Mayor, El Centro, President
- Cindy Silva Council Member, Walnut Creek, First Vice President
- Ali Sajjad Taj Council Member, Artesia, Second Vice President
- John F. Dunbar Mayor, Yountville, Immediate Past President
- Carolyn M. Coleman, Executive Director and CEO
- Amy Albano City Attorney, Burbank, City Attorneys Dept.
- Jan Arbuckle Vice Mayor, Grass Valley, At-large
- Denise Athas Council Member, Novato, At-large
- Al Austin Council Member, Long Beach, Large City Alternate for Mayor Garcia
- Emily Beach Council Member, Burlingame, Peninsula Division
- John Binaski Fire Chief, Clovis, Fire Chiefs Department
- London Breed Mayor, San Francisco, Large City
- Joe Buscaino Council Member, President Pro Tem, Large City Alternate for Mayor Garcetti, Los Angeles and NLC Board of Directors
- Ken Carlson Council Member, Pleasant Hill, East Bay Division
- Chris Catren Police Chief, Redlands, Police Chiefs Department
- Ross Chun Mayor Pro Tem, Aliso Viejo, Orange County Division
- David Cohen Council Member, San Jose, Large City Alternate for Mayor Liccardo
- Pippin Dew Council Member, Vallejo, North Bay Division
- Jerry Dyer Mayor, Fresno, Large City
- Edgard Garcia Council Member, El Centro, Imperial County Division
- Todd Gloria Mayor, San Diego, Large City
- Karen Goh Mayor, Bakersfield, Large City
- Eric Guerra Council Member, Sacramento, Large City Alternate for Mayor Steinberg
- George N. Harris II Director of Finance, Lancaster, Personnel & Employee Relations Dept.
- Steve Hofbauer Mayor, Palmdale, Desert Mountain Division
- Dawn Holm Director of Finance, Sacramento, Fiscal Officers Dept.
- Lindsey Horvath Mayor, West Hollywood, NLC Board of Directors
- Randi Johl Director of Legislative Affairs/City Clerk, Temecula City, Clerks Dept.
- Dan Kalb Council Member, Oakland, Large City Alternate for Mayor Schaaf
- Jim Lewis City Manager, Pismo Beach, City Managers Dept.
- Corina Lopez Council Member, San Leandro, NLC Board of Directors
- Jesse Loren Council Member, Winters, At-large
- Clint Lorimore Mayor Pro Tem, Eastvale, Riverside County Division
- Tony Madrigal Council Member, Modesto Central Valley Division
- Steve Manos Council Member, Lake Elsinore, At-large
- Ray Marquez Vice Mayor, Chino Hills, At-large
- Annie Mezzacappa Mayor’s Chief of Staff, Anaheim, Large City Alternate for Mayor Sidhu
- L. Dennis Michael Mayor, Rancho Cucamonga, At-large
- Lisa Middleton Mayor Pro Tem, Palm Springs, At-large
- John Minto Mayor, Santee, San Diego County Division
- Richard Montgomery Council Member, Manhattan Beach, NLC Board
- Eric Nelson Planning Commissioner, Dana Point, Planning and Community Dev. Dept.
- Robert Newman Director of Public Works, Santa Clarita, Public Works Dept.
- Lori Ogorchock Council Member, Antioch, Mayors & Council Members Dept.
- Blanca Pacheco Mayor Pro Tem, Downey, At-large
- Daniel Parra Council Member, Fowler, South San Joaquin Valley Division
- David Pollock Council Member, Moorpark Channel, Counties Division
- Dave Potter Mayor, Carmel, Monterey Bay Division
- Ana Maria Quintana Council Member, Bell, Los Angeles County Division
- Gabe Quinto Mayor Pro Tem, El Cerrito, At-large
- David Sander Council Member, Rancho Cordova, At-large
- Joan Smith Freeman Council Member, Yreka. Sacramento, Valley Division
- Sam Spagnolo Council Member, Rancho Cucamonga, Inland Empire Division
- Ed Spriggs Council Member, Imperial Beach, At-large
- Mireya Turner Council Member, Lakeport, Redwood Empire Division
- Alan Wapner Mayor Pro Tem, Ontario, At-large
WebinarJuly 26, 2021 2:00 PM — 3:00 PM
RoundtableJuly 27, 2021 9:00 AM — 10:00 AM
RoundtableJuly 28, 2021 12:00 PM — 1:00 PM