Asian Pacific Islander Caucus
Established in 2000, the Asian Pacific Islander (API) Caucus provides API municipal officials and their colleagues a forum to share ideas and resources while developing leadership experience. It also provides a platform for city officials to discuss Cal Cities' priorities and issues and offers avenues to communicate with California's API constituency. Learn more by visiting the Asian Pacific Islander Caucus website.
The Asian Pacific Islander Caucus’ mission is to support and advance Asian Pacific Islander (API) local elected officials and promote the well-being of the diverse API community throughout the state. To that end, it has established the following goals:
- Provide leadership development opportunities.
- Increase APIs in civic engagement and leadership roles in all levels of government.
- Partner with like-minded organizations and key stakeholders.
- Advocate for the interests of the diverse API communities.
- President - Sheng Thao, Council Member, Oakland
- First Vice President - Jason Pu, Council Member, San Gabriel
- Second Vice President - Juslyn Manalo, Vice Mayor, Daly City
- Secretary-Treasurer - Jeffrey Koji Maloney, Council Member, Alhambra
- Immediate Past President - David Ryu, Council Member, Los Angeles
The API Caucus connects city officials to important policymakers in Washington D.C. and Sacramento, including the California Constitutional Officers, the Legislature, and the API Legislative Caucus, as well as corporate and civic leaders. We open doors and build relationships with individuals who are in public policy decision-making positions.
To join, please complete and submit a membership for and payment via the online portal or fill out the membership form and send with membership dues to:
League of California Cities - Asian Pacific Islander Caucus
1400 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814